How to maintain the high precision wheel hub bearing?
Hub bearings are important moving parts for automobiles. The hub axle bears the burden of reducing the frictional resistance during the operation of the chassis and maintaining the normal driving of the car. If the hub bearing fails, it may cause noise, bearing heat, etc., especially the front wheel is more obvious, which may lead to dangerous phenomena such as out of control. Therefore, the hub bearings must be maintained on schedule.
1, the inspection of the high precision wheel hub bearing
(1) When inspecting the tightness of the hub bearing, firstly, the axle of the wheel at one end of the wheel of the vehicle is inspected, and the vehicle is safely framed with a vehicle stool, a wooden cover, and the like.
(2) Turn the number of wheels to be inspected by hand to see if the rotation is stable and there is abnormal noise. If the rotation is not smooth and there is friction, the brake part is not normal; if there is no noise, the rotation is not smooth and it is loose when it is tight, indicating that the bearing part is not normal.
The hub should be removed when the above abnormality occurs. For small cars, when inspecting the hub bearings, hold the upper and lower sides of the tires with both hands, and pull the tires back and forth with both hands and repeat them several times. If it is normal, there should be no feeling of looseness and blockage; if the swing has a feeling of looseness, the hub should be removed.
(3) Inspection of the brakes. Usually when inspecting the hub bearing, check the wheel brake device. If there is oil on the inside of the tire, it may be caused by oil leakage from the brake cylinder or brake hose. The cause should be checked and eliminated.
2, the maintenance of high precision wheel hub bearing
Before disassembling the hub, prepare the wheel hub for maintenance, stop the car and set up the axle to ensure the safety of the maintenance work.
(1) Remove the decorative cover and dust cover of the hub shaft head;
(2) Remove the tire nut and tire, taking care not to hurt the thread of the tire bolt. If it is a disc brake, remove the brake and use it to remove the lock ring or lock pin.
(3) Remove the hub with a special tool;
(4) Scrape the old grease in the bearing, journal and hub cavity, clean the hub bearing and journal with a cleaning agent and wipe dry with a cloth. Finally, wipe the inner cavity of the hub with a cloth.
(5) Check the hub bearing and the bearing race, and find that there are cracks, fatigue peeling and loose bearing rollers. The bearings should be replaced. If there is a pitting on the bearing race, the bearing should also be replaced.
(6) Check the matching between the inner diameter of the bearing and the journal. The matching clearance should be no more than 0.1Omm. When measuring the journal, it should be measured at the upper and lower parts of the vertical ground (the largest wear part at this place). If the fit clearance exceeds the specified service limit, the bearing should be replaced to restore the normal fit clearance. It is not allowed to burr and pock on the journal to narrow the gap.
(7) After all the parts meet the requirements, apply the grease to the inner bearing and put it in the wheel hub.
(8) When applying grease to the bearing inner cavity, be careful to squeeze the grease into the bearing until the grease emerges from the other side of the bearing. Apply a thin layer of grease to the hub cavity and the shaft cap to prevent rust. Be careful not to apply too much grease in the hub cavity, otherwise it will affect heat dissipation and braking.
(9) Put the hub and outer bearing back on the journal, screw the shaft adjusting nut by hand, and then tighten the adjusting nut with the shaft wrench according to the specified torque. After tightening the nut, turn the hub a few turns to see if the bearing is installed. On the other hand, the bearing and the race are properly matched by rotation. At this time, the bearing tightness is appropriate, and the wheel is free to rotate without feeling an axial gap.
(10) Finally, the components such as the locking piece, the fixing nut, the tire, the dust cover and the decorative cover are sequentially installed.
(11) After the wheel bearing is adjusted, drive a mileage (about 1Okm), stop the inspection, use it to wipe the temperature of the hub. If it is hot, adjust the bearing too tightly, it should be re-adjusted to properly loosen the bearing tightness.
If you need high precision wheel hub bearing or other bearings, please contact me any time!
How to remove and install radial spherical bearings? The following information show you the metho...
The slewing plummer blocks is a large and extra large bearing housing that can accept comprehensi...
Self roller bearings have double row rollers, the outer ring has one shared spherical raceway, an...
According to the different requirements of the bearing and ball bearing units, the classification...
Common equipment using all balls bearings are: motor shafts, transmission parts for light (civil)...
High temperature impact on imperial ball bearings If the lubrication or installation is not appro...
ZYSL factory making ball bearings with customers' customized specifications.Our company has more ...
Radial thrust bearing is divided into thrust ball bearing and thrust roller bearing. Radial thrus...